Monday, October 28, 2013

Music Mondays: Stop, breathe, reset.

I woke up to a jackhammer annihilating the pavement in front of my house this morning at 7:30. Since today was the day I gave myself to sleep in, you may go ahead and safely assume that I was not exactly thrilled about this aggressive wake-up call. Now, when I say "sleep in" I mean until around 8am but still, that half hour is crucial! Anyway, my annoyance was only momentary because really, what could I do about it? I was now awake and the work outside did not appear to be stopping anytime soon. So I dragged myself out of bed and into my workout clothes. Although my day started at Pure Barre with lifting, toning, and burning to Top 40 music, it feels more a serene Monday. It feels more like a day I want to stop and enjoy rather than rush through it while listening to Lady Gaga, Jay-Z, and Selena Gomez.


Also, the whole "just being" or being still thing has been difficult for me. My original plan of making time to read, create, write, and to start doing other things that I love, enjoy, and that give me rest, has been manifesting itself a little haphazardly. I have time now. Plenty of it. But yesterday I found myself using it to get ahead on what I have to do for school and work this week - NOT my original intention for what was supposed to be a purposeful time of renewal and revival.

This week's Music Monday playlist is one to help us reset ourselves and the start of our week. One to help us remember to stop, breathe, and stick to our plans.

1. Restless - Audrey Assad
2. Chasing The Sun - Sara Bareilles
3. Stay - Jimmy Needham ft. Lizi Bailey
4. Open My Hands - Sara Groves
5. Little Light - Matt Hammitt, ft. Audrey Assad
6. Flags - Brooke Fraser
7. Grace Is Sufficient - Shane & Shane
8. Sparrow - Audrey Assad
9. Unconditionally - Katy Perry
10. Your Love - Shane & Shane
11. Be Still My Soul - Kari Jobe
12. Strangely Ready - Sara Groves

Listen on Spotify here!


What are you listening to today? Did your Monday morning plans get disrupted by a jackhammer-like disturbance? How is that affecting your day? Chat with us in the comment section below!


Clothed in renewal,
Kelly

0 comments:

Post a Comment